Offered at South University, Austin; South University, Columbia; South University, High Point Off-Campus Instructional Site; South University, Montgomery; South University, Online Programs; South University, Richmond; South University, Savannah; South University, Tampa; South University, Orlando Off-Campus Instructional Site; South University, Virginia Beach; and South University, West Palm Beach.
The RN to BSN degree program at South University is designed to enhance the professional knowledge and employment scope for the licensed registered nurse. Concepts of nursing research and community health are key components of the curriculum. These educational experiences are designed to prepare professional nurses for practice today and well into the future. Graduates of the RN to BSN degree completion program meet the same program student learning outcomes whether in the campus-based BSN degree program or the online RN to BSN degree program.
Potential students must be comfortable with technology, selfmotivated, able to solve problems independently, have good organizational skills, good writing skills, and are prepared to invest time to their studies in both the campus-based and online nursing programs. Forty-five credit hours of nursing credit will be accepted toward the BSN degree based upon graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating from the RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program will have demonstrated their acquisition of competencies and proficiencies related to the following:
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing, the physical and social sciences, arts, and humanities in the practice of professional nursing practice.
- Apply critical thinking skills in establishing priorities, delegating responsibility, formulating decisions, and maintaining accountability in the practice of professional nursing through the application of nursing standards.
- Integrate care and concern for humanity, with scholarly research and systematic inquiry to deliver evidenced based, comprehensive, and holistic nursing care which promotes health and quality of life.
- Utilize informatics and technology to adapt to the challenges of nursing practice of today and the future.
- Demonstrate professionalism by advocating for legal, ethical, financial and political issues involving health care.
- Communicate effectively and collaboratively within nursing and other healthcare disciplines to empower patients experiencing health challenges through education and promotion of health and well-being.
- Utilize the nursing process to collaborate with consumers and other health professionals to initiate improvements in healthcare and promote health and well-being in persons, families and communities.
- Demonstrate a self-awareness of and commitment to excellence in nursing practice through the pursuit of community, educational, and organizational opportunities to enhance personal and professional growth.
- Provide holistic caring to diverse patient populations, across the lifespan in a variety of settings with technical proficiency that integrates foundational, discipline-specific and interdisciplinary knowledge essential for professional practice.