All international students must meet the same admissions standards as all other students when seeking to enroll in South University (Please refer to the General Admissions Requirements.) Those international students applying to SEVP-certified schools and requiring the school's sponsorship for international student visa status (Form I-20) must meet the additional requirements listed below.
South University requires nonimmigrant students present in Visa Waiver, B-1, and B-2 status to change visa to F-1 or other qualifying status prior to enrolling in programs of study (other than avocational or recreational courses). Students in F-2 or M-2 status may enroll on a part-time basis where available. Please note that some programs may not be eligible for international students requiring Form I-20 sponsorship. Please ask to speak with South University's International Admissions Representative for more detail.
Admissions Requirements for Students Requiring Form I-20 Sponsorship
International students requiring South University's Form I-20 must submit the following items in addition to the standard documents required for admission:
- Original or official copies of all educational transcripts and diplomas (secondary and post-secondary if applicable)
- English language translation(s) of education transcripts and diplomas, if applicable
- Official credential evaluation of non-U.S. transcripts and diplomas required for admission. NOTE: evaluations must be prepared by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE)-member organization
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (see English Language Proficiency Policy)
- Proof of financial responsibility to cover costs of tuition and fees and living expenses (and dependent costs if applicable) for at least one academic year (official bank statements, Sponsor's Statement of Support, if required)
- Photocopy of student's "bio-info" page of passport to provide proof of birth date and citizenship
- For all non-immigrant applicants residing in the United States, provide a copy of passport visa page and Entry Record or Form I-94 card
- For all non-immigrant applicants currently in F, M, or J status, provide a copy of all Forms I-20 or Forms DS-2019
- Transfer Clearance Form for students currently in F, M, or J status at another institution
All international applicants to South University, Atlanta and South University, High Point must meet the same admissions standards as all other students. South University, Atlanta and South University, High Point are not currently authorized to sponsor international student (F-1) visas. Other qualifying nonimmigrant (temporary) visa status may enroll.
Important International Student Disclosure - International students attending South University locations under F-1 visas (Form I-20) are required to maintain a "full course of study" during each academic term of their programs of study. For undergraduate (non-degree, Diploma, Associates, and Bachelors-level programs) students, this is defined as a minimum of 12 credits per academic term. Graduate programs will vary by program of study. Not more than 1 online course or 3 online credits per academic term may be counted toward meeting the "full course of study" requirement. Speak with an admissions representative for more information. Program and course offerings are subject to change and international students may be required to take additional courses to meet the full course of study requirement. International students should work closely with the International Student Advisor to verify all requirements of their visas statuses are met. THIS SCHOOL IS AUTHORIZED UNDER FEDERAL LAW TO ENROLL NONIMMIGRANT ALIEN STUDENTS.