2016-2017 South University Academic Catalog Version II [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Allied Health Science (AS)
Effective January 1, 2017 South University is no longer accepting applications for the Associate of Science in Allied Health Sciences
The Associate of Science in Allied Health Sciences degree program is designed to expose students to a broad education in general studies combined with an emphasis on life science subjects such as anatomy and physiology, chemistry, nutrition, and pathophysiology. It offers students interested in health careers a knowledge base from which they may achieve their professional goals. Students within this program may consider entry into the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences or other professional programs upon graduation.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Associate of Science in Allied Health Sciences program, students should be able to:
- Utilize the principles and theories of the natural, social, behavioral, and health sciences to serve as competent and considerate healthcare professionals.
- Demonstrate effective and culturally sensitive written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with individuals, groups and peers in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Identify and apply exemplary ethical and professional behaviors in various healthcare positions and organizations
- Apply creative and critical thinking skills to identify, explore, and develop alternative solutions for a range of healthcare delivery system issues and challenges.
- Effectively search, analyze and report on healthcare related data through the application of information technology and health management information systems.