Offered at South University, Columbia; South University, Montgomery; South University, Online Programs; South University, Savannah and South University, Virginia Beach.
The Master of Public Administration degree program at South University is designed to address the needs of students for applied coursework in areas of critical importance to local, state, and national governmental and non-profit organizations. The program covers a broad range of governmental and nonprofit topics to help develop each student’s knowledge, skills, and abilities. This degree program integrates knowledge from other areas to provide a combination of general and specialized information in a multi-disciplinary approach.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Master of Public Administration program, students should be able to:
- Apply a broad conceptual framework to public administration issues, which will include economic, political, legal and social institutions and processes that affect the actions and decision of political leaders and public managers.
- Communicate clearly, orally and in writing, their understanding of the challenges of government agencies and many public sector problems/issues and the multiple paths for solutions.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork and communication skills in order to build strategic alliances within political and administrative structures.
- Apply quantitative analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate attainment of discipline-specific knowledge and the practical skills to be effective in the field.