As of January 1, 2014, South University will no longer accept applications for entrance into the Associate of Science in Business Administration program offered online or on ground.
The Associate of Science degree program in Business Administration is designed to offer the student broad exposure to the responsibilities and requirements of managing a business. The student will have an opportunity to gain an understanding of management concepts that are needed to seek entry-level positions upon graduation. Students are exposed to the principles of accounting, finance, management, economics, and consumer behavior. The program is designed to provide a strong academic foundation in order to give students the opportunity to seek entry into the Bachelor of Business Administration degree program upon graduation.
Business Administration (AS) with a concentration in Hospitality Management
The Associate of Science in Business Administration degree program with a concentration in Hospitality Management is designed to prepare graduates to seek entry-level management employment within the hospitality industry. The focus of the program is to develop a specific understanding of the industry, while developing critical skills specifically oriented towards hospitality. Students will have the opportunity to learn about operations and management skills that are designed to prepare them to seek entry-level management positions in hotels, restaurants, timeshare operations, clubs, contract management, catering, extended living properties, beverage management, amusement management, gaming operations, and cruise-line management upon graduation.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an awareness of how culture, society, ethics, law, politics, technology, and economic principles impact the actions and decisions of business professionals.
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of the principles of accounting, finance, management, economics, law, and marketing.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, their understanding of and solutions for common business problems.
- Demonstrate proficient use of information technology in a business environment.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork skills in a business environment.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply quantitative analysis and critical thinking skills to analyze business problems.