Offered at South University, Austin; South University, Columbia; South University, Montgomery; South University, Online Programs; South University, Richmond; South University, Tampa; South University, Virginia Beach; and South University, West Palm Beach.
The South University Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program is designed to provide students with a process based curriculum versus the standard functional based curriculum. The foundation provides a firm grounding in economics, decision-making, behavioral sciences, and strategic environment. The core presents a functional approach to the long and short run decisions that must be made to deliver goods and services to constituents.
The Master of Business Administration program is delivered in two modalities: fully online and blended. Students enrolled in the blended modality meet face-to-face in the classroom and asynchronously online on alternating weeks over the 11-week quarter. South University recommends that each graduate business student have a laptop computer. Laptop computers are needed for the multi-media classroom, business research and electronic communication.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ethical perspective as they assess decision-making processes, conflict, and other key macro and micro characteristics of organizations in diverse, global environments.
- Influence individuals and organizations through the application of effective leadership and teamwork skills.
- Apply effective communication skills in influencing others. They will create sustained, coherent arguments or explanations and reflections in their work.
- Use critical thinking as they examine both qualitative and quantitative data, then synthesize and evaluate the information for use in problem recognition and problem solving.
- Determine the information needed, assess the needed information, evaluate information and its sources critically, use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose, and access and use information ethically and legally.