2018-2019 South University Academic Catalog Version II [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Business Administration (BBA)
Offered at South University, Austin; South University, Cleveland; South University, Columbia; South University, High Point; South University, Montgomery; South University, Novi; South University, Online Programs; South University, Richmond; South University, Savannah; South University, Tampa; South University, Virginia Beach; and South University, West Palm Beach.
The Bachelor of Business Administration degree program focuses on preparing students with the knowledge and skills they will need to pursue entry-level positions in business. With courses such as Strategic Management (MGT4070), Operations Management (MGT3059) and Business Simulation (BUS4098) students can discover how to adapt business strategies to accommodate changing marketplace conditions. Courses that include Project Management (MGT3035), Organizational Behavior (MGT3002) and Leadership (MGT3102) are designed to provide students with opportunities to understand and apply effective leadership skills. Through case studies and intensive projects, students will have the opportunity to gain the ability to assess organizational needs and implement effective improvement scenarios.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to determine the extent of information needed, assess the needed information, evaluate information and its sources critically, use information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose, and access and use information ethically and legally.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, their understanding of and solutions for common business problems.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork and communication skills when working with team members with diverse backgrounds and abilities to realize important business objectives.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply quantitative analysis and critical thinking skills to analyze business problems within and across functional business disciplines to positively affect financial performance.
- Demonstrate attainment of discipline-specific knowledge and the practical skills to be effective in entry-level positions.