As of July 1, 2016 South University will no longer accept applications for entrance into the Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design degree program.
The Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design degree program is designed to provide students with a broad background in general education, advanced theoretical graphic design concepts, and practical applications.
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the creative process in the graphic arts.
- Demonstrate the ability to synthesize strong conceptual ideas from research data.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the application of design principles, color theories and typographic fundamentals in a portfolio of design work.
- Demonstrate independent critical thinking skills in planning, conceptualizing and producing graphic design projects.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of graphic design history, design and art styles, and the impact of evolving technology on the graphic arts.
- Demonstrate organization, neatness, and precision, as well as an understanding of professional presentation standards for different media, in a portfolio of design work.
- Demonstrate competency with computer systems, fluency with major design software commonly used in the field, and knowledge of other peripherals and traditional tools commonly used in graphic design businesses.
- Demonstrate ongoing commitment to developing design skills and to lifelong learning.
This program prepares graduates to see an entry-level positions in the field. The curriculum incorporates both traditional and computer-based techniques. Course work emphasizes development of technical skills, reasoning, analytical, and problem solving abilities.