2017-2018 South University Academic Catalog Version II [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Offered at South University, Austin; South University, Cleveland; South University, Columbia; South University, High Point; South University, Montgomery; South University, Novi; South University, Online Programs; South University, Richmond; South University, Savannah; South University, Tampa; South University, Virginia Beach; and South University, West Palm Beach
The Bachelor of Arts in Psychology degree program is designed to provide students with a broad background in general education, and to provide initial training and quality instruction for students wishing to seek entry-level positions in psychology or a graduate degree in the behavioral sciences upon graduation.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the major theories and content areas comprising the foundation of psychology.
- Actively engage in the process of critically evaluating concepts, theories, research, and applications in the field.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of cultural factors impacting the field of Psychology according to historical and current issues.
- Develop effective verbal and written communication skills necessary in the field. Specifically, students will demonstrate an ability to write and present psychological concepts including an ability to communicate clearly and effectively using APA style.
- Apply the principles of scientific methodology according to human, social, and applied context.
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of current and future professional issues in the field of Psychology including an understanding of The Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrate an understanding and articulate a need for continued professional growth in the field.
- Understand and articulate the connection between theory, concepts, research and clinical application in the field for current and emerging issues.